Skip to main content

Live Event: Angel Cartel conduct planetary attack in Oddelulf!

BREAKING NEWS: MOLDEN HEATH PIRATES REPRESENT AND KILL ALL THE THINGS!

It seems that CCP had a live event today. I logged in and in one channel some of the guys were chattering about an event going on in Oddelulf. I was not sure if serious. A live event, in low sec and in Molden Heath? Wat?!

This is the 'news' story of the event. I jumped into a Jaguar to go and see if this was a real thing or random lies. As I ran towards Oddelulf I got this link to a forum thread about it. And a website about Tech 4 News?

How cool. Masty and Crafty were killing all the things. I pushed my Jag and hopped into system while asking for a fleet invite.

I decided to land far out so that I had some room to take in what was going on. Local was crazy with 45 people in it. All sorts of stuff was on the field and I think people were killing NPCs. Whatever. Pewpew! I decided to try to chase down a rifter that I hoped was not paying attention.

However, he noticed and got into warp just as I hit my scram! Damn it! Next!

The field was flowing back and forth with people. I buzzed about and attempted to get a warpin on people for the RANSM boys to come in and do more beating. My goal was simple. Tackle all the things.

They were regrouping and trying to probe down a fleet that was somewhere in system with a safe. Having chased down several ships to have them run, someone in a noob ship landed right on top of me. With my mighty Jaguar I went "ROAR!" as I tackled and destroyed it.

For a moment it was very quiet. Space ship wrecks errywhere. I was trying to chase down something or another.

Then more people started to roll in.

I got called to the sun. While we went to regroup and see if we could get back on field. There were four of us (Domi, Domi, Maelstrom, Jaguar) and a whole fleet of them. We landed around 70k off of them. That was just too far. They tried to alpha my Jaguar but again it was too mighty! While the Maelstrom started to pewpew at them I warped off and tried to get a better reentry angel to maybe land on a Falcon.

But it was to no avail. They managed to take down the proud pirate warriors of RANSM and Crafty fell after tanking over 247k of damage in his Maelstrom because he is a badass. We were just not able to get the people and positioning to break their fleet and open up the situation. Very frustrating.

The forum thread we updated with our glorious destruction but the forum admins deleted it. It was not in their RP mode I guess. Very sad. I also make the assumption that they don't want people to not come to the low sec events because of the entire pirate contingency.

But that is sooo Eve! Live Event that turns out to be a Dust 514 promotion is attended by players and interrupted by pirates. We had pretty much no idea as to what was going on other then bodies in low sec, undock and kill everything.

This is the Kingdom of Yarr. Welcome.

Small Aside: I had a nice visit from a blog reader yesterday and a good chat. I appreciate the support, advice, and suggestions that I have received to improve my blog and make it a more pleasant experience for those that are kind enough to keep up with my ramblings.

Edit to add: Turns out that forum section is a role play section. Never looked at it before. Who knew. Oh well. All the things are still exploded.

Comments

  1. I know, huh? :Roleplaying: in an MMO about big spaceships, and huge spaceship battles? I thought that was just everyday life ... prob was A Long Time Ago, In a Galaxy Far, Far Away.

    But don't worry, It Has All Happened Before, and It Will All Happen Again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to find out what blog platform you have been using? I'm experiencing some minor security
    problems with my latest website and I would like to find something more
    safeguarded. Do you have any solutions?

    My web page http://weroar.ws/wiki/JanetteqxDolansj

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe one day!

 [15:32:10] Trig Vaulter > Sugar Kyle Nice bio - so carebear sweet - oh you have a 50m ISK bounty - so someday more grizzly  [15:32:38 ] Sugar Kyle > /emote raises an eyebrow to Trig  [15:32:40 ] Sugar Kyle > okay :)  [15:32:52 ] Sugar Kyle > maybe one day I will try PvP out When I logged in one of the first things I did was answer a question in Eve Uni Public Help. It was a random question that I knew the answer of. I have 'Sugar' as a keyword so it highlights green and catches my attention. This made me chuckle. Maybe I'll have to go and see what it is like to shoot a ship one day? I could not help but smile. Basi suggested that I put my Titan killmail in my bio and assert my badassery. I figure, naw. It was a roll of the dice that landed me that kill mail. It doesn't define me as a person. Bios are interesting. The idea of a biography is a way to personalize your account. You can learn a lot about a person by what they choose to put in their bio

Taboo Questions

Let us talk contentious things. What about high sec? When will CCP pay attention to high sec and those that cannot spend their time in dangerous space?  This is somewhat how the day started, sparked by a question from an anonymous poster. Speaking about high sec, in general, is one of the hardest things to do. The amount of emotion wrapped around the topic is staggering. There are people who want to stay in high sec and nothing will make them leave. There are people who want no one to stay in high sec and wish to cripple everything about it. There are people in between, but the two extremes are large and emotional in discussion. My belief is simple. If a player wishes to live in high sec, I do not believe that anything will make them leave that is not their own curiosity. I do not believe that we can beat people out of high sec or destroy it until they go to other areas of space. Sometimes, I think we forget that every player has the option to not log back in. We want them to log

And back again

My very slow wormhole adventure continues almost as slowly as I am terminating my island in Animal Crossing.  My class 3 wormhole was not where I wanted to be. I was looking for a class 1 or 2 wormhole. I dropped my probes and with much less confusion scanned another wormhole. I remembered to dscan and collect my probes as I warped to the wormhole. I even remembered to drop a bookmark, wormholes being such good bookmark locations later. My wormhole told me it was a route into low sec. I tilted my head. How circular do our adventures go. Today might be the day to die and that too is okay. That mantra dances in the back of my head these days. Even if someone mocks me, what does that matter? Fattening someone's killboard is their issue not mine. So I jumped through and found myself in Efa in Khanid, tucked on the edge of high sec and null sec. What an interesting little system.  Several connections to high sec. A connection to null sec. This must be quite the traffic system.    I am f