Skip to main content

Saturday Night Part Two: Whos POS?

Having just quelled a high sec uprising into low sec in "Saturday Night Part One" I received a conversation request.  I thought that it was one of the people we had just killed sending me the conversation.  I accepted and was surprise to see, "We have a Revelation shooting a POS and don't have the numbers on to kill it."


"Hold on."  I then started to type very badly in my excitement and dragged Diz into the conversation with me.  We agreed to help.  This is not a group we have personally worked with often.  Normally we are evenly matched in numbers and we shoot each other.

However, the call of "capital tackled" is like a mating cry in low security space.  All sorts of groups will band together to create enough DPS to kill that ship.  "Go dock!" I said.  Diz relayed that we needed damage.  Everyone reshipped.  In a flurry of confusion we transformed into a kitchen sink of death and ran for the system the Revelation was seiging on.

"Who is it and what is he shooting?" we asked as we assembled on the gate waiting for the warp in.  He linked a name and two separate corporations that were both on the grid.  I started to run them through Eve kill as he said,  "They are shooting a small Amarr tower."  This is when I stopped listenind and my mind blanked out. I started to log in another client.  "That's my tower," I muttered but I don't think anyone heard me.  I logged in my alt and sure enough a starbase notification flashed up.

Report: Starbase in is under attack
From: DED
Sent: 2013.03.10 07:50
Attacked object: Amarr Control Tower Small
Current Shield Level: 99%
Current Armor Integrity: 100%
Current Hull Integrity:  100%
Aggressing Pilot: Kotehos
Aggressing Pilot's Corporation: Counter Terrorism Tactical Assault Group
Aggressing Pilot's Alliance: -
 "They are shooting my POS."  I said.
"It's yours Sugar?" I was asked half a dozen times in shocked tones.
"Yes.  It is mine.  Kill them."

We did not kill them.  There was some miscommunication where our FC thought they had already tackled one of the carriers or dreadnoughts   We jumped in to soon and spooked them, shattering the entire operation.  I dropped Sugar in to check on the status of the tower.  They had it down to 63% shields which is kind of sad for an undefended small POS being shot by a dreadnought.

Counter Terrorism Tactical Assault Group is a newly resurgent PvP corp looking to stake its claim in lowsec. We are looking for members of all ages, from freshly liscened pilots to scarred nullsec veterans.
We operate on a NRDS doctorine in high and lowsec, and NBSI in null.
We host frequent lowsec roams, a future lowsec home, and eventually nullsec territory. On the side we run missions, rat, run cosmic sites, and other activites to keep the old warchest full for the pew-pew. We also maintain friendly relations with industrials who can supply us with ships at more than fair market prices.
For more information about the corp, to talk setting standings, or to ask about applying, contact Kotehos.
"We will rise again."

So, the Counter Terrorism Tactical Assault Group is NRDS (Not red don't shoot).  I guess that does not go for POS.  My alt has a positive sec status, zero kills, two deaths and two members in her corporation.

The Revelation pilot sent a conversation to the other group that had found them saying, "Hahah you won't be cathing me tonight." and he left the system.  Fine by me. No kills but my POS was still up.  I did some stront adjustments to change its timer in case they decided to shoot it before or after downtime.  I also dropped in some hardeners.  If they had that much trouble shooting it I'd make it that much harder for them.

With a cloaky scout in system watching the POS we headed back out to reship and have yet more adventure that night.

Comments

  1. Nice blog! Thanks for sharing.It is very informatics for me .
    POS System

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe one day!

 [15:32:10] Trig Vaulter > Sugar Kyle Nice bio - so carebear sweet - oh you have a 50m ISK bounty - so someday more grizzly  [15:32:38 ] Sugar Kyle > /emote raises an eyebrow to Trig  [15:32:40 ] Sugar Kyle > okay :)  [15:32:52 ] Sugar Kyle > maybe one day I will try PvP out When I logged in one of the first things I did was answer a question in Eve Uni Public Help. It was a random question that I knew the answer of. I have 'Sugar' as a keyword so it highlights green and catches my attention. This made me chuckle. Maybe I'll have to go and see what it is like to shoot a ship one day? I could not help but smile. Basi suggested that I put my Titan killmail in my bio and assert my badassery. I figure, naw. It was a roll of the dice that landed me that kill mail. It doesn't define me as a person. Bios are interesting. The idea of a biography is a way to personalize your account. You can learn a lot about a person by what they choose to put in their bio

Taboo Questions

Let us talk contentious things. What about high sec? When will CCP pay attention to high sec and those that cannot spend their time in dangerous space?  This is somewhat how the day started, sparked by a question from an anonymous poster. Speaking about high sec, in general, is one of the hardest things to do. The amount of emotion wrapped around the topic is staggering. There are people who want to stay in high sec and nothing will make them leave. There are people who want no one to stay in high sec and wish to cripple everything about it. There are people in between, but the two extremes are large and emotional in discussion. My belief is simple. If a player wishes to live in high sec, I do not believe that anything will make them leave that is not their own curiosity. I do not believe that we can beat people out of high sec or destroy it until they go to other areas of space. Sometimes, I think we forget that every player has the option to not log back in. We want them to log

And back again

My very slow wormhole adventure continues almost as slowly as I am terminating my island in Animal Crossing.  My class 3 wormhole was not where I wanted to be. I was looking for a class 1 or 2 wormhole. I dropped my probes and with much less confusion scanned another wormhole. I remembered to dscan and collect my probes as I warped to the wormhole. I even remembered to drop a bookmark, wormholes being such good bookmark locations later. My wormhole told me it was a route into low sec. I tilted my head. How circular do our adventures go. Today might be the day to die and that too is okay. That mantra dances in the back of my head these days. Even if someone mocks me, what does that matter? Fattening someone's killboard is their issue not mine. So I jumped through and found myself in Efa in Khanid, tucked on the edge of high sec and null sec. What an interesting little system.  Several connections to high sec. A connection to null sec. This must be quite the traffic system.    I am f