Skip to main content

Origin of a Spaceship: Tornado


Excerpt from: Origin of a Spaceship

Tornado
Background
The Tornado is one of the few species of spaceship that is the product of the Republic Fleet Shipyards. It is a creation of cross blueprint fertilization. The use of the mitochondrial Rifter was fused with the vertical structure and projection of the Naglfar. The resulting cross was an unwieldy, lopsided mutant that failed to thrive. A few. partially successful creates were crossed with  Tempests. This hybridization, successful only in Minmatar DNA with its tenacity to adhere to any genetic strand created the Tornado.

Although created in captivity, the Tornado is one of the most predatory domesticated, combat battlescruisers. Although it was created in the tight control of the Boundless Creation shipyards, Tornado's have successfully introduced themselves into the wild. It is suspected that early runs, thought to be unsuccessful were not watched closely enough. They may have disguised themselves with fleets of Tempests in training. The exact method of their successful escape is not known but the steady proliferation of free breeding fleets has led to CONCORD having to routinely clear hungry fleets of wild Tornados off of gates in empire space.

Observations
They are greatly flexible, well known as aggressive hunters or calm, patient stalkers of high intelligence and adaptability.

Tornados are not as frightened of frigates as many of the other, domestic large turret combat battlecruisers. It is suspected that the Matar generics provide a tight communicative bond between various ships in this family. Tornados are well known to hunt with frigates in complex, social fleet structures when left to their own devices.

Gregarious by nature, Tornados are also very standoffish inside of their own fleet structure. Their fleets are highly specialized with stringent demands for social norms. There is a high degree of homogeneity within Tornado fleets that is often not seen among other, same species of spaceships.

Points of Note
The vertical nature of the Tornado seems to be a remnant of the Naglfar. Although Boundless Creation has not released their genetic blueprint that the Tornado was created upon, it is believed that they used a reinforced exoskeleton design based on the Naglfar to properly compensate for the physical stress that large turrets would place upon the slender frame of the battlecruiser.

Wild fleets of Tornado can be found throughout the entire New Eden cluster. Highly adaptable, they are successful snipers and ambush predators. Highly agile, one should never turn their back to a Tornado but instead keep eye contact with the spaceship. Its high intelligence will often cause it to reevaluate bold prey.

Comments

  1. "frightened of frigates ass"

    I LOL'd - loudly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed it. There may be a day I write something without an obnoxious typo but it is doubtful.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe one day!

 [15:32:10] Trig Vaulter > Sugar Kyle Nice bio - so carebear sweet - oh you have a 50m ISK bounty - so someday more grizzly  [15:32:38 ] Sugar Kyle > /emote raises an eyebrow to Trig  [15:32:40 ] Sugar Kyle > okay :)  [15:32:52 ] Sugar Kyle > maybe one day I will try PvP out When I logged in one of the first things I did was answer a question in Eve Uni Public Help. It was a random question that I knew the answer of. I have 'Sugar' as a keyword so it highlights green and catches my attention. This made me chuckle. Maybe I'll have to go and see what it is like to shoot a ship one day? I could not help but smile. Basi suggested that I put my Titan killmail in my bio and assert my badassery. I figure, naw. It was a roll of the dice that landed me that kill mail. It doesn't define me as a person. Bios are interesting. The idea of a biography is a way to personalize your account. You can learn a lot about a person by what they choose to put in their bio

Taboo Questions

Let us talk contentious things. What about high sec? When will CCP pay attention to high sec and those that cannot spend their time in dangerous space?  This is somewhat how the day started, sparked by a question from an anonymous poster. Speaking about high sec, in general, is one of the hardest things to do. The amount of emotion wrapped around the topic is staggering. There are people who want to stay in high sec and nothing will make them leave. There are people who want no one to stay in high sec and wish to cripple everything about it. There are people in between, but the two extremes are large and emotional in discussion. My belief is simple. If a player wishes to live in high sec, I do not believe that anything will make them leave that is not their own curiosity. I do not believe that we can beat people out of high sec or destroy it until they go to other areas of space. Sometimes, I think we forget that every player has the option to not log back in. We want them to log

And back again

My very slow wormhole adventure continues almost as slowly as I am terminating my island in Animal Crossing.  My class 3 wormhole was not where I wanted to be. I was looking for a class 1 or 2 wormhole. I dropped my probes and with much less confusion scanned another wormhole. I remembered to dscan and collect my probes as I warped to the wormhole. I even remembered to drop a bookmark, wormholes being such good bookmark locations later. My wormhole told me it was a route into low sec. I tilted my head. How circular do our adventures go. Today might be the day to die and that too is okay. That mantra dances in the back of my head these days. Even if someone mocks me, what does that matter? Fattening someone's killboard is their issue not mine. So I jumped through and found myself in Efa in Khanid, tucked on the edge of high sec and null sec. What an interesting little system.  Several connections to high sec. A connection to null sec. This must be quite the traffic system.    I am f