Skip to main content

Origion of a Spaceship: Iteron

Excerpt from: Origin of a Spaceship


Unlike many other species of spaceships, the entire Genus of Iteron breaks down into distinct species. Most often in this tomb individual species are separated from their Genus and Family. This is comparable to other family haulers who have individual genus and species that do not appear to overlap. Due to the fascinating properties of the Iteron it was decided to capture them in one section. Each of these species appears to have a unique property but are in fact mutations that can freely interbreed among themselves. However, each line breeds true amongst itself meaning that separate species must be documented as they are. This begs the author to categorize haulers as a single entry that crosses the multiple species.

History:

The Iteron was original classified as one species, Iteron. There were five known subspecies differentiated by the length and shape of their segmented hulls. The shapes were assumed to be nothing more then hull variation across the entire species. It was not until a recent study by a anthropologist who set down and laid out the internal structure of each Iteron against the other that they were reclassified into separate species. It must be noted that Iteron that interbreed do not create mules and instead produce a fascinating hybrid of highly specialized build.

Species Classification

  • Epithal - The Epithal was once known as the Iteron Mark III. It is known for its long, slender hulled Iteron exoskeleton hull in the classic tubular design with the broad bulky mushroom shaped head that defines the family. Epithal are almost always found close to planets where the grazing is abundant. They are often not seen away from heavily populated regions and have never been a popular spaceship for most industrialists. Recent study has shown that the Epithal consumes an almost exclusive diet of planetary debris gleaned from close atmospheric grazing. It is the only Iteron known to have this as a primary focus of its diet. Focused breeding plans hope to bring this unique aspect of the Epithal into the forefront.
  • Iteron Mark V - This behemoth spaceship is commonly known as the Iteron. It may be the most populous hauler across all family and genius of hauler. Highly prolific, the Iteron Mark V is a very long, multi-segmented spaceships. It is ponderous and placid of temperament able to live in every known region of space. While fragile they can be conditioned to a surprisingly sturdy state with reasonable agility. The herds of Iteron Mark V are so vast that they sweep across Empire space, freely intermixing with tamed populations.
  • Kryos - A belt lurker, Kryos are scavengers. While they spend much time in belts they focus on stealing scraps of minerals worked out of asteroid clusters by exhumer fleets. Squat and boxy, Kryos appear to be juvenile Miasmos and were classified as Iteron Mark II. It was believed that they were an adolescent phase due to their relative rarity.
  • Miasmos - The Miasmos and the Kryos were often confused with each other. The Kryos was thought to be an adolescent form of hte Miasmos thus explaining the classification of Miasmos as Iteron Mark IV. The two share a blocky, short structure with the basic Iteron exoskeleton easily identified by ocular observation. However, the Miasmos is heavier than the Kryos and feeds off of raw asteroid material. The Miasmos is also very docile and easy to trained. Blueprint manipulation of their genetic material has caused Miasmos to develop into individual strains for the wealthy. The various Quafe Iterons and the Amastris edition which are bred as novelty spaceships.
  • Nereus - Docile and sweet tempered the Nereus is a popular first hauler. It is swift and agile, capable of carrying heavy loads. Unlike the more ponderous Iteron Mark V, the Nereus, once known as the Iteron Mark I is a well balanced spaceship for the needs of the average capsuleer. They are easy keepers, happy to stay in the station corrals or accompany their owners on cargo travels. They may be the most populated Iteron in space in numbers are hard to gauge due to their proliferation across all of Empire.
General Points of Note

The family Iteron shares several common hull structural points. They have a dark, rich green hull with a tubular shape. Their heads are rounded, fleshy mushroom shape bulges that allow them to plow through partial ridden nebula. As with most haulers they are soft tempered and easy to handle even for the most base skilled pilot. All can be trained to carry very large burdens at the loss of their limited agility.

Haulers have long been the staple of industrialists in all sectors of space. They can be found deeper in the outskirts and even in wormholes. However, their limited defensive and offensive abilities cause them to be easy targets for predators. Conversely they are easy breeders able to whelp large clutches at high rates of speed.

When the various member species of Iteron were separated out, due to its proliferation through empire space the Iteron Mark V was left with the moniker of Iteron.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe one day!

 [15:32:10] Trig Vaulter > Sugar Kyle Nice bio - so carebear sweet - oh you have a 50m ISK bounty - so someday more grizzly  [15:32:38 ] Sugar Kyle > /emote raises an eyebrow to Trig  [15:32:40 ] Sugar Kyle > okay :)  [15:32:52 ] Sugar Kyle > maybe one day I will try PvP out When I logged in one of the first things I did was answer a question in Eve Uni Public Help. It was a random question that I knew the answer of. I have 'Sugar' as a keyword so it highlights green and catches my attention. This made me chuckle. Maybe I'll have to go and see what it is like to shoot a ship one day? I could not help but smile. Basi suggested that I put my Titan killmail in my bio and assert my badassery. I figure, naw. It was a roll of the dice that landed me that kill mail. It doesn't define me as a person. Bios are interesting. The idea of a biography is a way to personalize your account. You can learn a lot about a person by what they choose to put in their bio

Taboo Questions

Let us talk contentious things. What about high sec? When will CCP pay attention to high sec and those that cannot spend their time in dangerous space?  This is somewhat how the day started, sparked by a question from an anonymous poster. Speaking about high sec, in general, is one of the hardest things to do. The amount of emotion wrapped around the topic is staggering. There are people who want to stay in high sec and nothing will make them leave. There are people who want no one to stay in high sec and wish to cripple everything about it. There are people in between, but the two extremes are large and emotional in discussion. My belief is simple. If a player wishes to live in high sec, I do not believe that anything will make them leave that is not their own curiosity. I do not believe that we can beat people out of high sec or destroy it until they go to other areas of space. Sometimes, I think we forget that every player has the option to not log back in. We want them to log

And back again

My very slow wormhole adventure continues almost as slowly as I am terminating my island in Animal Crossing.  My class 3 wormhole was not where I wanted to be. I was looking for a class 1 or 2 wormhole. I dropped my probes and with much less confusion scanned another wormhole. I remembered to dscan and collect my probes as I warped to the wormhole. I even remembered to drop a bookmark, wormholes being such good bookmark locations later. My wormhole told me it was a route into low sec. I tilted my head. How circular do our adventures go. Today might be the day to die and that too is okay. That mantra dances in the back of my head these days. Even if someone mocks me, what does that matter? Fattening someone's killboard is their issue not mine. So I jumped through and found myself in Efa in Khanid, tucked on the edge of high sec and null sec. What an interesting little system.  Several connections to high sec. A connection to null sec. This must be quite the traffic system.    I am f